11 December 2008

11th December


Received deadlines for the rest of the Media Studies work for this year. Discovered I only had one week left to film my preliminary project. I wanted to film on the day so that I had the next double lesson to edit the footage. This meant I had to act quickly and talk to the two people I had established as my actors. We agreed that we could go to one of their homes to film, which is very lucky. When we arrived at his house, I looked around a bit at the rooms to see which would make a good setting. Turns out the best room was the living room, it had a fireplace and a truly amazing clock on the mantelpiece which I thought would look good in a kind of mysterious, dark setting.

It was at this point that a discussion arose about how the scene would start and seeing as it was now getting dark, one of my actors suggested lighting a fire. This inspired me to use the fire as a main source of light, the flickers of the fire would also add shadows to the faces of whoever I was filming which would create a dark atmosphere. 
It is at this moment that a script was developed, a little late in the grand scheme of things to think of something so vital to the video, I will certainly make sure I have a script before I choose to film next time. I decided on a kind of film noir/ gangster type of theme which seemed to suit the mood of the room.

Another good idea was to film the pouring of the glasses, with a hesitation in between glasses, so I could edit in my second character coughing, this idea really appealed to me and I think it worked well. I’ll have to wait and see when I edit it all together tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment