13 December 2008

12th December

This was the day when all the video I had recorded the previous evening came together into one nicely edited piece of work. After importing all of the film from the tape in the camera to the Mac I could then order them chronologically and fine trim the clips. The result – Pretty seamless in my opinion. There are a few things I would change next time though; the setting was a bit too dark, more light was needed to stop the camera continually refocusing. A better tape was needed, from looking at the footage, you can still see some of what was recorded before on the tape. Finally, I forgot to film the whole movement of one of the characters putting on his hat from 2 different angles, that’s why it seems to miss out his arm movement.


Apart from those things, editing the film was very easy, Macs really are as simple to use as they say. Although they can do less advanced things compared to some of the expensive movie editing software packages you see on Windows computers, they still provide an effective means of piecing together video.

No comments:

Post a Comment