Editing went very well today, I was pleased with the quality of the tape, and the quality of the filming. It took some time to import the footage from the camera, it seems I had a lot more than I had previously thought. After ordering the clips chronologically on the timeline in iMovie I went about trimming the transitions between them, making sure none of the scenes overlapped. This is where the Macs are exceedingly useful, you can move the slider by the second very easily, making it simple to cut very small pieces of footage. I did have a few extra scenes that I wanted to include to add depth to the exposition of the opening, but due to the time constraint of 2 minutes I had to cut them out. It was at this stage that I had to edit audio for the first time in my videos, fairly simple stuff but really essential. Thought some German tan metal might fit into this scene, we’ll see how it goes.
20 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment